3/13 - 3/17/17
Social Studies Words
1) cape - a point or extension of land jutting out into the ocean
2) colony – a country or area under control of another country.
3) capital – the most important town or city of a country or region, usually where the local government is located.
4) memorial – something, especially a structure, used to remind people of a person or event.
5) symbol – a mark or character used as a representation of an object.
6) motto – a short sentence or phrase chosen to tell ones ideals or beliefs.
7) hypothesis – an educated theory that can be proved with further investigation
8) summit – the highest point of a hill or mountain.
9) Island – A mass of land that is completely surrounded by water
10) chemistry – a branch of science that deals with identifying and understanding how chemicals work in different environments.
11) professor - a teacher of the highest rank in a college or university.
12) geology - a branch of science that deals with the earth’s physical structure.
13) residents - a person or group that lives in a place permanently.
14) influx - an arrival or entry of large numbers of people or things into an area.
15) population - all of the inhabitants of a particular town, area, or country.